Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Beach. Never Enough Time.

Song of the Day is...."Time Won't Let Me Go" by The Bravery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spKOib_D5YY

Happy lazy Sunday.  Sundays are always a time to ponder your week to come and what has occurred in the last week, for me anyways.  This song is a great representation of so much that has happened to me this last week. Celebrating another week of sobriety and spent a lot of time in a bar last night with some high school classmates. Such a surreal night. The only thing I was thankful for most was that I was sober and remember every conversation, I cut off the night when I should have, didn't act like an idiot and felt "intact" the whole night. All in all, a success.  However, my mind and me are on a mission, a journey together trying to understand each other more and more. I know it sounds strange but this song "Time Won't Let Me Go" is very appropriate for the state I am in.

Today I am driving to the ocean. I need to be around it, walking on it, in it, seeing it.  It will make my week worth it and the week ahead exciting and doable.  I just feel...quiet I guess and contemplative, and excited and a little nervous and sometimes scared but always ready. I know I am where I am supposed to be but it's about handling things with grace and positivity. Speaking of The Beach, I was thinking about The Beach movie and the soundtrack. What a great one! Remember Moby? Don't forget him! He's really an incredible American electronica musician.  I have always admired him and he has come out with more work recently. The Beach soundtrack was a monumental one at the time and I think it's a great one. I think I will be listening to it on the way. Artists include:  Brian Eno, William Orbit, Unkle, Barry Adamson, and Moby while even All Saints' 'Pure Shores' (remember them?) and Sugar Ray's 'Spinning Away' are bright, while Moby, Leftfield, and UNKLE provide groovy, moody beats (as Entertainment Weekly effortlessly describes it).  I am looking forward to just that feeling. So I will dust it off and give it a worthy listen today.

I'm not sure what your plans are but I hope this day finds you well. I have so much to do and I have had Scarlett for a whole week now which has been amazing but I look around and just see our disasters around the house from a week of awesomeness.  On top of cleaning this ginormous house, my job is to stay on top of work, school, sleep, driving, money, fun, people, myself, etc. It's a lot and the consistent complaint I have every single day is there is never enough time. I don't love that feeling but it is true, the way I feel about it. Time is certainly slipping away.  My whole week has revolved around time, even choosing to rent True Grit (what's the last line in the film? Time just gets away from us). Yep. As a classmate said last night, "I guess I haven't seen you in 11 years which makes me feel really old". It's true that we're getting older. Even the pictures Scarlett took of me this week showed a lot of lines in my face that are new and reflect my transformation. I do love them. I have no idea why all of this makes me think of The Arcade Fire but I will definitely pay attention to them today. They allow me to reflect on my youth and where I've come as well. If you disagree, just listen to "Neighborhood #1" on Funeral. What a feeling I get when I listen to it. The whole album for that matter. One of the best.

Be good. God speed. Enjoy yourself. Love yourself. Put on your favorite album today and just intoxicate yourself with it. It's the best Sunday activity there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment