Friday, July 1, 2011

HELP! i'm alive, red hot chili peppers, and MGMT

Song of the day is.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we_czU9sJ3g

Help I'm Still Alive by Metric.  Long night last night. Not loving today. About to get in the car for four hours and I can hardly stand up.

Had a discussion with someone last night by "Higher Ground" by Red Hot Chili Peppers and what album it is on. I had no idea there were a couple of albums before "Mother's Milk" that I was not really privy to. So there goes my "I think I know so much about this band" mentality.

Also if I hear one more person bitch about MGMT's album "Congratulations" I'm going to shoot them. Totally love the album. No, it is not Oracular Spectacular. And frankly, nothing will ever come close to being such a consistently bitchin' album but they are apples and oranges. The kids got lucky when their first album was so absolutely successful and set an excruciatingly high bar. But I have found many songs on Congratulations to be worth my listening time. Love it. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment