Sunday, July 3, 2011

Blues Festival, Joy Formidable, Gray Sundays

Song of the day is...."Whirring" by Joy Formidable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2BUEzdjfpY

I have really fallen in love with a few bands lately but right now, besides Metric, Joy Formidable are my other favorite "leading chick band" where I get those girly lyrics and hard core rock. Some of it slow, some of it not - just really fitting my mood right now.

The Blues Festival was a success. I can't believe how it is a free event with suggested donations. Why would you NOT check it out? I have no idea. It was a fun way to spend the latter half of the hot day and Scarlett seemed to really enjoy it also. Bring water, a blanket, and snacks. Food is expensive, as I'm sure you could've guessed.  Today with it being a much cooler day, it might be more enjoyable but I can't handle the crowds more than one day.

Some music choices for the rest of the day will include:  The Raconteurs, Margot and the Nuclear So-Sos, Ida, and The Boxer Rebellion. Some rock with some soft folky pop stuff. Perfect for a gray lazy Sunday. Off to friend's house for brunch and really looking forward to it. It precedes a great hike to the top of Mt. Tabor with my little one for a picnic at the top.  Enjoy some music today and I will keep sharing some thoughts.

In other news: Just got an email from Wilco with an announcement of releasing some fun new songs for the holiday weekend! Really excited about checking it out. Just love them. Anyway, you should as well, if you have some time.

The link is:  http://wilcoworld.net/roadcase/

Have a wonderful end of your weekend. I will be checking in later with some other news. Summer is here and there are so many concerts, albums to listen to in the sun, great activities, and songs that keep me going.

Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Awww yeah tearin it up on the blog scene. not to be a huge nerd, but if you grab the "embed" code from youtube and enter it in your html posting tab, it will post the videos right in your blog entry! if that sounds like greek to you, i can explain better. :) besos.

    ReplyDelete